Greetings Titan family!
I hope this message finds you and your family well. At HTES, we are busy with end of the year activities and preparations for the exciting campus renovation this summer. This is truly a great time to be a part of the Titan community.
Before I share information about what is coming up, I want to address the new CDC guidelines on COVID-19 that were made public yesterday (May 13, 2021). To recap, the CDC now states that fully vaccinated people can “resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.” In addition, vaccines are now available for people 12 years old and up.
At HTES, we will continue to monitor the progress of COVID-19 guidelines over the summer and will update our policies accordingly. New school policies will be shared in advance of the 2021-2022 school year. However, for now, our current policies will remain in effect. We are still requiring masks to be worn, even if an individual has been fully vaccinated. Thank you for your partnership.
Titans Around Town
We recently began a new community awareness initiative called, Titans Around Town. Titans Around Town events are public events at which HTES has either chosen to participate or sponsor. A recent example of Titans Around Town is Story Time at Redemption Square, which we are scheduled to continue doing during the summer.
Please continue to check our calendar or our Facebook page for updates and future events. We encourage you to share these events with your friends and neighbors, and hope to see you there! If you have any questions about Titans Around Town, please contact Ms. Escalante at [email protected]
Next week is Spirit Week! Each day is designed to add some fun to the end of the year. Please see below for the Spirit Week schedule.
- Monday, May 17: Disney Character Day – come dressed as or wear something with an image of your favorite Disney character. Costumes must adhere to our Halloween costume guidelines.
- Tuesday, May 18: College T-Shirt Day – Wear your favorite college shirt as we celebrate higher education.
- Wednesday, May 19: Wacky or Sports Hat Day – Today, wear your silliest hat or a hat from your favorite team/sport.
- Thursday, May 20: “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Day – Want to be a doctor? A teacher? An astronaut? What do you want to be when you grow up and dress like that profession on Thursday.
- Friday, May 21: Clash of the Titans! – Wear your red or blue team short and compete for spirit points. Who will win this year’s Clash of the Titans?!
End of the Year Ceremonies
We are excited to hold our end of the year ceremonies in person and on campus under the following guidelines.
- Each grade level will have its own ceremony scheduled for either Monday, May 24 or Tuesday, May 25.
- For each ceremony, only the students in that group will be in attendance. These events will not be all school gatherings.
- Students in each class can have up to 4 visitors attend the event.
- Each event will be held in the gym.
- Seating in the gym for the events will be socially distanced.
- All guests are subject to temperature screenings and must wear face coverings.
- Students should wear the regular uniform for each day.
- We are not having Chapel on Tuesday, May 25.
Here is the schedule of events. Each event will take about 30 minutes to complete.
Monday, May 24
- 8:30 am: 1st Grade
- 10:30 am: 2nd Grade
- 2:00 pm: 3rd Grade
Tuesday, May 25
- 8:30 am: 3K, 4K, and Kindergarten (3K and 4K attend. Kindergarten is “graduating” from Early Childhood)
- 10:30 am: 4th and 5th Grade (5th Grade is “graduating” from Elementary School)
If you have any questions about these end of the year items, please feel free to contact me.
Thank you for your continued support of our school.
It’s a great time to be a Titan,