Greetings Titan family,
This week’s message is being sent on Wednesday due to the end of the year events coming on Friday. While I will have additional reflections to share about our year soon, I felt it is important to send this message today.
In the wake of the tragic events in Uvalde, we grieve for the families and communities affected by this violence and pray for God to comfort them in their time of need. We also hug our children a little tighter and appreciate the love and support our staff provides. Events like this are emotional, and each of us are processing this senseless act in our own way. As a community that specifically chose compassion as a core value, times like this are particularly challenging as we empathize with the families of all the students and staff at Robb Elementary School.
It is also normal for concerns about safety and security to come up. Holy Trinity takes the safety and security of your children very seriously. As a matter of act, the first key to delivering the Titan Experience is the safety of our students and staff. We also made a significant investment in upgrading our safety and security systems as part of the campus renovation.
- Key fob security controlled access to all exterior doors
- High definition security cameras on each corner of the building, at the driveway entrance, and facing each main entry into school
- New fire and intruder alert systems
- A security entrance vestibule that includes remote access into the building from the entry
- Interior window shade covers to block visibility into classes
- Key fob access gates at the entrances to the parking lot
- Controlled access to gates leading into the playground
As part of our summer preparations, we routinely evaluate our protocols for keeping students and staff safe. We will do so again this summer with an eye on doing all we can to maintain the safe and secure environment that allows our students to thrive.
Before I mention the events coming up, I want to take a moment to announce the addition of a new member to our faculty.
Mrs. Stacy Rowley is joining our team to teach 4th and 5th grade Math and Science. Stacy holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Sam Houston State University and is certified in Math, Science, and ESL. She has been teaching since 2013 with stints in Jarrell ISD, Magnolia ISD, and Klein ISD. She and her family have recently moved to the Atascocita area which prompted her search for a new teaching role, as well as, a new school home for her son (who will be in our Kindergarten class). Stacy is experienced with working with both gifted and talented students and students in need of content recovery.
As a result of her hiring, Mr. Waller’s role will change slightly. He is now scheduled to teach 4th and 5th grade Language Arts and Social Studies. This staffing adjustment does not affect the structure of 4th and 5th grade. The grades will not be combined and will operate independently of each other.
Please join me in welcoming Mrs. Rowley to the Titan community!
Now, here are a few reminders and notes for this week.
Important Dates, 2022-2023
If you have used uniforms to donate to the school, please contact Ms. Escalante.
Final Report Cards
Final report cards will be available soon. You will receive a message when they are ready to be viewed. We anticipate having them ready by the end of next week.
Teachers in 1st – 5th grade are putting together summer math/reading suggestions for students. The intent is to provide families with guidance on how to help children minimize any “learning loss” that often takes place over the summer. Please look for this information from your teacher and let him/her know if you have any questions.
End of the Year Ceremonies (Friday, May 27)
Please note the following details regarding the end of the year ceremonies.
- Each ceremony is scheduled to begin promptly at the published start time.
- Students are expected to wear Chapel uniforms.
- Students for whom the ceremony is for are expected to sit with their class.
- If a sibling’s class is not involved in a ceremony, and you want him/her to be at the ceremony, that student will sit with his/her parents. For example, if your 4K child wants to attend the ceremony for your 4th grade student, the 4K child needs to sit with you during the 1st – 5th grade ceremony.
- Once the ceremony for your child is over, you are free to check him/her out of school. Please make sure you communicate with your child’s teacher so she/he can make sure all school items are collected and everything is good for the student to check out.
- All visitors must sign in at the front desk before entering the building.
1st – 5th grade
End of the year ceremonies for 1st – 5th grade will begin promptly at 9:00 AM. Only 1st – 5th grade students are scheduled to be in attendance for this ceremony.
This event is scheduled to end around 10:15 AM.
The Kindergarten “graduation” begins at 10:30 AM. Both 3K and 4K will also attend this event, but will not be receiving any awards (Holy Trinity has a long standing tradition of limiting end of the year awards to Kindergarten and up).
This event is scheduled to end around 11:15 AM.
Finally, we appreciate all help with growing our school. Anything you can do to share your positive stories about our school in the community and refer families to us is very helpful. Realizing our vision for the future depends on growing enrollment as close to full (about 130 students) as possible. We are working very hard to reach that goal, but we cannot do it without your help.
Thank you for your support. If I can help you in any way, please let me know.
It’s a great time to be a Titan,