Greetings Titan family!
Today is the last Friday that students will be in session for the 2020-2021 school year. It is a joyous occasion. Not because the school year is ending soon, but because we are wrapping up Spirit Week with our Clash of the Titans activity day – an event we were unable to hold last year due to COVID.
The return of Clash of the Titans is another sign of things changing back to normal. There are others. For example, hosting in-person end of the year ceremonies next week and having a few volunteers on campus to help with Clash of the Titans. In the midst of all this, signs of better days appear around us as well.
Construction crews began preparing our campus for the summer renovation this week. Fences have been erected (and taken down), equipment is being staged, outdoor awnings on the south side of the gym have been removed, and drain covers have been put in place.
In addition, after months of review by faculty, new curriculum materials have been ordered. These new resources will allow us to significantly upgrade our resources to support our outstanding program. Included in this upgrade are:
- New core resources for our 3K and 4K classes
- New handwriting materials
- New math resources for K-5th
- Readers and Writers Workshop materials with classroom libraries for 3rd – 5th
- Additional Vocabulary and Grammar resources for 3rd – 5th
- Additional classroom library books for 1st and 2nd
- New Social Studies resources for K-5th
It is truly a great time to be a part of our school.
Looking ahead, I hope to see some of you at our end of the year ceremonies (see schedule and information below). In addition, I anticipate final report cards to be done next week. Once finished, they will be available via ParentsWeb. We will send a notice when they are available.
Finally, here are a few reminders:
- Keep an eye on our calendar for any Titans Around Town events this summer.
- Our school calendar on our webpage has a link to the important dates for next school year.
- The first day of school for 2021-2022 is August 17.
- Any changes to the COVID protocols, handbooks, etc. will be shared in the summer in advance of the opening of school.
End of the Year Ceremonies
We are excited to hold our end-of-the-year ceremonies in person and on campus under the following guidelines.
- Each grade level will have its own ceremony scheduled for either Monday, May 24 or Tuesday, May 25.
- For each ceremony, only the students in that group will be in attendance. These events will not be all school gatherings.
- Students in each class can have up to 4 visitors attend the event.
- Each event will be held in the gym.
- Seating in the gym for the events will be socially distanced.
- All guests are subject to temperature screenings and must wear face coverings.
- Students should wear the regular uniform for each day.
- We are not having Chapel on Tuesday, May 25.
Here is the schedule of events. Each event will take about 30 minutes to complete.
Monday, May 24
- 8:30 am: 1st Grade
- 10:30 am: 2nd Grade
- 2:00 pm: 3rd Grade
Tuesday, May 25
- 8:30 am: 3K, 4K, and Kindergarten (3K and 4K attend. Kindergarten is “graduating” from Early Childhood)
- 10:30 am: 4th and 5th Grade (5th Grade is “graduating” from Elementary School)
Have a great summer.
Thank you for your continued support of our school.
It’s a great time to be a Titan,